Guide to Picking Apples
We are a self-serve orchard that operates on the honor system. There is a farm stand located near the entrance to the orchard where you'll find bags for picking apples and a money drop box. Begin your apple picking adventure by taking as many bags as you wish and depositing cash or check in the money drop box at the following rate:
$20 per bag (one bag is equivalent to one peck, or 12-14 lbs of apples).
Or get 2 bags for $30 (and $15 each add'l bag)!
Tips & Tricks
• Each row of Cortland apples — identified by smooth bark on their trunks (like a birch tree) — is followed by two rows of McIntosh.
• Be picky!! -Because of organic program many fruit have blemishes. With that said, there are still many high quality fruit easily found with a little patience.
• To keep one bad apple from spoiling your bunch, pick them properly from the trees by rotating each apple upward and then twist slightly. Pulling fruit from the tree can cause injury to your apples, making them prone to perishing quickly.
• Sorry Scooter, but due to federal food safety rules pets are not allowed in the Orchard.
• Feel free to give feedback or report issues using the form below: